Thursday, July 2, 2009

RAJASTHANI CHURMA (FROM LEFTOVER CHAPATTIS)

Being vegetarian I am big fan of gujarati and rajasthani food. Every month we use to go to Rajdhani restaurant to catch dish of Dal bati and churma. Having sweet tongue I use to finish of churma first J.

When it comes to cooking something from leftovers I become real innovative. As you should cook in such a way that others will not only like it but should not understand it’s made out of leftovers. So I tried this recipe, after the first spoon in my mouth, I patted my own back and hubby dear didn’t even came to know it’s made out of leftover chapattis and it was as delicious as the rajdhani dishJ

Preparation Time: 5 mins

Cooking Time: 5 mins

Serves/ Makes: 2

Utensil Needed:

Mixer Grinder

Frying Pan

Ingredients:

4 Left over Chapattis

4 tsp Ghee

½ tsp Cardamom Powder

1 tsp broken Cashew Nuts

1 tsp Raisins

1 tsp broken Walnuts

1 tsp broken Almonds

8 tsp Sugar (adjust your Sweetness)

Method:

Tire the chapattis into pieces. Grind it into fine powder in mixer grinder. Now in a frying pan, melt ghee. Roast in ghee all the dry fruits till golden. Now add the powder chapattis. Roast it and keep stirring it continuously to avoid burning for about 3 minutes on low flame. Now add cardamom powder and sugar and mix well for another 1 min. Switch off the gas and keep it on hot pan for 10 minutes. Churma is ready to serve.

Tip: Continuously mixing on low flame is key point as we want granulated texture.

4 comments:

  1. hi , first time in ur blog..urs is really nice..This dish with left over chapathi is looking gr8.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vrushali,
    Came across ur beautiful blog...liked tis churma...reminds me of my mil who used to mk de same into laddoos wit leftover rotis and hw my kiddo used to gorge.
    Between a food blogger fm kangarooland.
    Cheers.
    www.myrecipegalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting and unique.Visit my blog when time permits.http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete