Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TANDOORI ROTI

Who doesn’t like Punjabi food. Punjabi food is popularly known for its Tandoor cooking. Food cooked in this special oven –Tandoor is such heavenly. I had gurdwara near my office, every time when I forget my Tiffin I use to rush for their free meals. Lentils cooked in buttery sauces and hot from Tandoor rotis. Hah!!! I am just missing those days. Fascinated for Punjabi food, I made this Tandoori rotis in my toaster, and guess what…it was perfect as it is cooked in Tandoor. Tandoori rotis with dal makhani in your plate a straight way to heaven.

You Need:

Utensils:

Mixing bowl

Iron skillet

Toaster

Ingredients:

1 ½ cup Whole wheat flour

2 tsp Curd

½ Sugar

2 tsp Clarified butter

Salt

Water

Method:

Mix the above ingredients to form a soft dough. Keep this dough for atleast half an hour aside. Now make small balls (Size of chapatti dough ball) and roll round shape of puris. Roast it on pre- heated pan on both side. Don’t cook it completely, keeping it little bit kuccha (half cooked). Now do the same with other balls too. Place the half cooked rotis in toaster and on medium heat toast it. It will rise like puri and have golden spots as cooked in Tandoori. Remove the rotis brush ghee. Tandoori rotis are ready.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...found your blog through IHM..your meal plans are always mouthwatering..will be a frequent visitor of you blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the roti's they came out really fast and nice.
    Vidya

    ReplyDelete
  3. ekdum mast disat ahet roti..me hi karun baghel nakki

    ReplyDelete