Monday, May 25, 2009

BEETROOT THEPLAS

The beetroot is considered as one of the best vegetable. This vegetable is a good tonic food for health.  It is a rich source of natural sugar. It contains sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, chlorine, iodine, iron, copper, vitamin B1, B2, C and P. The protein factors or amino acids are good in both quality and quantity.

This recipe goes back to my school friend who use to bring in her tiffin. We use to fight for this theplas as they are not only tasty, but healthy too. At my place, my mom use to make awesome halwa with this beetroots or just a simple salad. Thanks and courtesy to my sister-in-law who reminded me of this preparation. Though I forgot to ask her the recipe, I made my version of the beetroot theplas, and they turned out awesome. What a good way to have this healthy vegetable.

You need:

Utensils:

Pan

Mixing bowl

Ingredients:

1 Beetroot (grated)

2 cups Whole wheat flour

1 tsp Ginger garlic paste

½ tsp Cumin powder

½ tsp Coriander powder

½ tsp Turmeric Powder

½ tsp Chilli Powder

½ tsp Garam masala

½ tsp Amchur powder

½ tsp Cumin seeds

½ tsp Sesame seeds

½ tsp Ajwain

½ tsp Sugar

Salt to taste

Oil

Method:

In a mixing bowl, mix  all the ingredients and knead into dough. Now roll into rounds, and roast it on both the side on a pre- heated pan. Brush oil and roast them till they get golden spots. You can eat it hot with a simple curd.

No comments:

Post a Comment