Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SWEET SPICY BANANAS

This is karvari recipe which my granny use to make and eventually my mom. Though I am not a big fan of bananas,this is something I simply love to put in my mouth. With the spicy chutney stuffed in the sweet bananas , you have that unique combination of sweet and kick of spice .

Ingredients :

3 long green bananas ( it is called rajali kali or kerela bananas in India, they are long and inside they are saffron color)

If you don’t get them use the normal bananas.

For chutney :

1 cup grated coconut

1 tsp salt

½ cup coriander ( cilantro)leaves

3 – 4 green chillies

For shallow frying:

2 tsp clarified butter (ghee)

Method:

Cut the bananas in finger size , and give a small cut to stuff the chutney. Grind all the chutney ingredients and stuff in bananas. Now heat pan and add ghee. Shallow fry the banana pieces on medium flame till they are golden brown. They are now ready to eat. Bon Apetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment