Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES

Baking is something which I love from childhood. I still remember the days when me and my sister use to bake cakes. Every month my mom used to make cakes, which later on we took over. Baking the cake was such fun, with that aroma all over the place and long wait just to have a bite. 

I love cakes and luckily over here you have big ovens to make baking easy and quick. So I wait for some occasion for baking good cakes.

Yesterday we completed 5 months of our happy married life ....and what a occasion to celebrate, so of course cake is every time on my list. I love brownies, especially when it is served with hot chocolate sauce and ice-cream. Wanted to bring back the old memories of our courtship period, my DH used to by default order sizzling brownie for me, as he knew I love it.

Brownies are easy to prepare and deliciously yummy as a dessert for any occasion.

 

Ingredients:

 

For Brownies :

 

 1 ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate  

¾ cup all – purpose flour ( maida)

¾ cup butter (unsalted butter)

1 ½ cup sugar

2 eggs (at room temperature)

1 tsp vanilla extract/essence

½ tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

¼ cup sweetened milk chocolate chips

¼ cup chopped walnuts

 

For Chocolate Sauce:

 

2 tsp unsalted butter

1 cup sweetened chocolate

¼ cup milk

 

How to Make :

First pre- heat the oven at 350F.

Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl: all – purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.

Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler.

Whip 2 eggs add vanilla essence/extract to it.

Now mix all together, add chocolate chips, coarsely chopped walnuts and mix together.

Grease the cake pan with butter and sprinkle some flour so that the cake will come out easily , this is not required if you have non stick cake pan.

Now pour the batter in the cake pan and bake in oven for 20 – 25 minutes till you get a clean knife . Once done cool it at room temperature and cut the brownies in squares.

Now for chocolate sauce in a double boiler melt butter, chocolate and milk together.

Before serving, microwave brownies for 1 minute, place this hot brownie, pour hot chocolate sauce on top of it and finish it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.

You will of course say …..Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ! I am going to try this recipe tomorrow itself.

    Vidya

    ReplyDelete